Known for its Moscatel wine, the village of Favaios offers you some surprises! Located in the municipality of Alijó, it is part of the vineyard Douro that is a heritage of humanity. Implanted in one of the most beautiful plateaus of the region, come to this village, stop, listen, look and get ready for a journey of the senses! It is that besides the stunning landscape, archaeological marks, emblazoned houses and religious monuments, Favaios offers gastronomy to make your mouth water!
– Most visited village in Portugal – 100.000 visitors/year
– Thirty million bottles of Moscatel
– Village with 1500 habitants
– Highest point of Douro
– 1000 hectars of vineyard
– Different caste due to a different height
– Vinified caste makes a licorous wich is classified as a national aperitiv
– The most drinked licor in Portugal
– Favaios village is the heart of Douro
– Favaios village is UNESCO’s patrimony
– Picturesque village of romanic construction
– Known the Douro’s traditional people
Browse the gallery and get to know our region a little better.